Monday, February 4, 2013

The Triplet Details!!

I wanted to blog all the details from the beginning until now. We have been asked so many questions by many people. We figured the best way to explain it all was to put it in one place! Plus, we want to remember all these details in 10 years!

As many of you know we have struggled with infertility for awhile now and we lost a pregnancy in July 2012. The past year as been such a roller coaster!! After waiting 3 months after the miscarriage I started clomid(a fertility drug that helps produce mature eggs). I had tried it before with no luck but had a feeling we needed to try it again before we started looking into IVF, etc. Well....just a few weeks later we found out we were expecting!
We found out about a week before you normally would...at 8 days post ovulation! This was my first feeling that we might be having multiples! At 5weeks 3 days my HCG levels were over 22,000...although HCG levels aren't an accurate way to determine multiples we had a feeling it was!
A few days later at 6 wks, on New Years Eve, we had our first ultrasound where we saw 3 babies with 3 beating hearts! WE WERE IN SHOCK! TRIPLETS!!!

Honestly, the night before the thought of triplets popped in my head but I thought I was crazy!! Trav was beyond excited watching those little flickering hearts on the screen! I really think he felt like he had just won the baby lotto! It was so fun watching his expressions! We called our parents and told them from the parking lot of the drs office! Everyone was so shocked and excited! We told a few close friends and other family members as well. Such a fun special day!!!

We were told at 6 weeks that Baby C might not make it because his/her heart beat was so low. We went back at 8 weeks to check on them all. We were so nervous that day! All we wanted was for all 3 to be ok and it was totally out of our hands. I don't think we said much to each other on the way to the dr because of nerves. As soon as they started the ultrasound we could see all 3 heartbeats!! Baby C had caught up with the other 2 and all 3 looked perfect!!
I don't think I have ever been so relieved in my life about anything when we saw that all 3 were ok!

(Left to right - Baby A, B and C)

After the 8 weeks ultrasound we decided to find a dr in the DFW area. Mainly because the OB's here in Tyler don't have much experience with multiples pregnancies...especially triplets. The most important thing right now is my prenatal health to make sure the babies are growing as they should.
We had our first appt with my new Ob last week. This was the BEST decision we could have made. She spent so much time with us explaining what the plan is, what to expect and answering all our questions. We feel so comfortable with her and she is so sweet!!!!  I will have appointments every 2 weeks til 20weeks then weekly after that. At that point I will be seeing her and a perinatologist. She also wants me living in the area at that point in case I start to go into pre-term labor or have any complications - which she said will happen. I will be staying at my moms then since her house is close to the hospital and dr's office. Our goal is to deliver at 34 weeks so we will need lots of prayers that it doesn't happen before that!

So here are the babies at 10 weeks 3 days!

All 3 in one picture! This is probably the last pic we will get like this! They grow so fast, they won't all fit in one anymore!
Baby A! You can see the cute little profile of  this one! So sweet!!
Baby B. Kind of hard to see because of the location and position of this baby.

And finally, Baby C...the backside of Baby C since he/she is facing the back of my uterus!


Everyone has asked when we will find out the sexes. Normal time is 16-20 weeks but since I will get ultrasounds every 2 weeks it might be sooner! Everyone has their guess on what they are. I think 2 girls, 1 boy! Hopefully soon we will know! We honestly don't care what they are! We just want happy and healthy babies!

I think that is just about everything!! We are so excited and feel so blessed! These babies are such miracles. I can't tell you how many dr's told us we would need major intervention to get pregnant. I have probably been to the dr about a dozen times over the past year and we NEVER received good news. Last week when my OB told us that everything looked "perfect" I will never ever forget how I felt at that moment. I'm carrying 3 perfect little miracles. We know that this is the easy part and things could get pretty wild here pretty soon with the pregnancy but we are prepared and willing to do whatever we have to do to keep the babies safe!  

Thank you everyone for your prayers over the past year!!
They were answered X3!!!!! We will use this blog to keep everyone updated so check back every few weeks! Next appt is Feb 18th!

XOXO,
J


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and cant wait for the sweet baby allreds.. we love yall and already love those babies just as much...
-the Rawlings

Anonymous said...

Justin, you made me cry. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and Travis. I will follow your blog and pray for you everyday. I'm cracking up just thinking of you running after 3 of those precious little things all at once! I still remember when you walked out on our pool cover that time. Ha! You will be such a fun mom! Love you! Marilyn

Allred Family said...

Thank you Marilyn!! I will never ever forget the pool cover! HA! Love you too!!!!

Jessica said...

GWEWENTH!!!! I saw a comment of yours on Ashley's FB and totally stalked over to your page!! I am so happy for y'all!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

That along with kind of premiums for low OCI export opportunities, those types of things.

Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric were in favor of
it. But critics say this is still a little bit more positive.

Earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization or EBITDA
was $80.

Feel free to visit my weblog; renewable heat sources