Friday, March 16, 2012

Update!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post! I'm going to keep this short and sweet because my allergies are killing me today and I want to take a nap!


I had my follow up appt with my Dr a few weeks ago. Everything went really well and we talked about starting clomid, the fertility medication to stimulate my ovaries. He said he is very hopeful that we will get pregnant soon with the meds. He did mention my chances of getting pregnant without the meds are good as well(now that one of my tubes is unblocked) but with my age he thinks I should try Clomid to try and speed things up. We will try 3 months of clomid and see what happens. I want it to work in the first month but I won't get my hopes up too high!! That's pretty much it! I will have to go in for blood work on cycle day 21 to check my progesterone to see if I ovulated and then again on day 28 to either prepair for the next cycle or to see if I'm pregnant!


I know a lot of you are reading this from Kelly's Korner. If you have any experience with clomid, please let me know! Praying for all of you as well!

XOXO,
Justin

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi! Visiting from Kelly's Korner... I read your last 2 posts and wanted to say I also had an HSG where they found both of my tubes were blocked. I also did several cycles using Clomid but it really was unnecessary as I was already ovulating on my own. I guess it was just the first option since it's pretty easy and cheap. We tried 3 IUIs which were all unsuccessful. We eventually ended up turning to adoption- first embryo adoption and then domestic adoption. We have a beautiful (almost) 1 year old daughter and she is absolutely worth every second of heartache. You can check out our story at www.weareexpectingmiracles.blogspot.com. Best wishes on your journey!